The Microsoft Corporate ISV team wanted to offer a simpler way for start-up and developing ISVs to take advantage of partnering with Microsoft and prove that tailored content would lead to greater programme uptake.
ResourceiT decided to ‘gamify’ the interaction which led to the creation of the Azure Business Accelerator – a digital platform that would appeal to an ISV’s view of the world and preferred way of working.
- 200 ISVs (150 in the US and 50 in the UK) used the portal.
The Microsoft teams were provided with a clear way to:
- Measure progress
- Quantify the value of each ISV
- Unlock services based on partners meeting revenue thresholds
As a pilot programme, this served to inform the thinking of the Microsoft Corp ISV Team in devising future ISV engagement platforms.
Along with the platform, ResourceiT created a set of tools and assets designed to help ISVs design effective business, marketing and partnering strategies.
The Azure Business Accelerator portal gave partners:
• Tools for building their business and partnership value propositions
• Guides to creating a winning marketing strategy
• Tips on utilising Microsoft Pinpoint/Partner Finder and Azure Marketplace
• Access to ISV marketing and sales material to support business growth